2014 Harley-Davidson® Street Glide
• Rinehart Racing pipes • Stereo upgrade • New rear tire
- Project RUSHMORE - Engine: As every rider knows, the engine is at the heart of the experience of riding a motorcycle. The amount of torque and horsepower it delivers over the RPM range is in direct proportion to the feeling it gives you when you roll on the throttle. We know what riders want from a motorcycle engine because we’ve been building them for 110 years. Project RUSHMORE gave us the opportunity to dial it in just right. We conducted thousands of road tests with real riders giving us feedback to build the next iteration of the legendary Harley-Davidson® engine. The consensus was: We want more. More low-end torque, more passing power, more perfection in the tone of the exhaust note, more of the feeling we ride a motorcycle for. So we built the engines that deliver it. We’re proud to unveil the next level of Harley-Davidson® V-Twin engine. And prove once and for all, the customer is always right.
- Pure Harley-Davidson Styling: Feast your eyes on the Twin Cam 103™ engine and there's no mistaking its roots. This is authentic Harley-Davidson style through and through with an attention to detail you won't find from any other motorcycle company. Black powder-coated heads and cylinders are highlighted by machined cooling fin tips and chrome rocker covers. It's a jewel machined out of metal. Pure. Dripping with power. From the classic edge of the cooling fins to the clean lines of cases and covers—the Twin Cam 103™ engine makes an ironclad statement about holding on to what's right and staying true to what satisfies.
- Six-Speed Cruise Drive® Transmission: You want a ride that rumbles—not begs for mercy—when you lean on it a little. The Six-Speed Cruise Drive® transmission provides smooth, quiet shifting and reduces engine speed on the highway, so you get a better match between engine turnover and road speed. And the Isolated Drive System makes acceleration flow in a smooth, steady stream from your wrist right down to the pavement. It's a rare ride when a bike responds like this, and a low growl goes a long way when you're opening up the road ahead.
- High Output Twin Cam 103™ Engine: Asking riders if they’d like more passing power is like asking them “Would you like more beer in the pitcher” when they have reached their final destination at the end of a long, dusty ride. Everybody wants it, and the new High Output Twin Cam 103™ engine is 103 cubic inches of Harley-Davidson V-Twin you can rely on to deliver it. There’s a new airbox for increased intake airflow and a new cam that optimizes phase and duration. The result: better low end torque and faster 60 to 80 mph 5th gear roll-on to get you around that 18-wheeler. In the tradition of the Flathead, Knucklehead, Panhead, Shovelhead, Evolution® Twin Cam 88® and Twin Cam 96® engines that came before it, the new High Output Twin Cam 103™ engine is raising the bar for the feeling an engine delivers to the rider. There’s a reason we’re called the Harley-Davidson Motor Company. Once you send some fuel this one, you’ll have do doubt what it is.
- Twin Cam 103™ Engine Heritage: The knowledge of what makes an engine truly move a rider runs deep at The Motor Company, and it was put to good use when we created the Twin Cam 103™ engine. We painstakingly perfected every cubic inch, pushing design and technology forward—all without compromising one bit of Harley-Davidson's unique styling. Evolved, yet carrying on the legacy of the Flathead, Knucklehead, Panhead, Shovelhead, Evolution®, Twin Cam 88® and Twin Cam 96™ engines that came before. The performance and durability are a direct result of the untold miles logged on the V-Twin since 1909, and the proud heritage that comes from a century's worth of commitment to life on two wheels.
- Project RUSHMORE - Infotainment: More sound. Purer sound. Big, full color touch screens. Switches that are located where you intuitively want them to be and can reach without removing your hands from the grips. Voice activation for your phone. Or as more than one rider asked: “Why can’t the infotainment system on my motorcycle blow away the ones the car companies put in their cars?” We couldn’t agree more. Check out the new infotainment system Project RUSHMORE brought to the sport of motorcycling. You won’t believe your eyes. Or ears.
- New Boom!™ Box 4.3 Radio: Let’s start with the big news: 25% more volume for your tunes. The new Boom!™ Box 4.3 Radio puts out 25 watts per channel at 1% distortion and features a factory-tuned, optimized equalizer that pumps out more power and can be played louder will maintaining the clarity of your sound. And the new speed tuning system delivers than just volume changes at different speeds. It changes the level of bass and treble to dial-in the best sound, whether you’re running at stately pace down the strip or going hell for leather down an open stretch of road. And all the functions of the radio including station presets, can be operated via your hand controls. How do you like the sound of a Harley® motorcycle now?
- 5.25-inch Speakers: The sound delivered to your rides comes from 5.25-inch speakers mounted securely in sealed and tuned enclosed speaker housings.
- New 4.3-inch Full Color Display: The 4.3-inch full color screen sitting in the middle of that inner fairing is mighty easy on the eyes. Modern graphics, colors you can dial in, and auto and manual dim. It’s like the display you get in a high-end automobile, without the windows, doors and ceilings.
- Ready For Your Upgrades: The new Boom!™ Box 4.3 Radio was built with your personal touches in mind. For example let's say you want to up grade to our bigger 6.5-inch speakers. We designed the fairing to easily accept the bigger speakers. So you can get even bigger sound with out it becoming a big project to get them on your bike.
- Jukebox with USB Port for I-pod/Phone: The Jukebox opens with one touch of a button and includes a USB connection which accepts your iPhone, iTouch, non-iPod imitators, an SD card and other USB compatible devices. Pop it open, plug in and your device becomes a part of your motorcycle. Ready to be operated by voice command or hand controls.
- 500% Larger Buttons for Easier Operation: You wear gloves when you ride so these buttons are designed to be operated with gloves on. They’re fully 5 times larger than before. Even the little improvements were done in a big way.
- Project RUSHMORE - Confidence: Here are some of the innovations The Rider Project led to: the new Reflex™ Anti-lock Braking System (ABS) with Linked Brakes, new dual halogen and LED headlamps and fog lamps, brighter Tour Pak® lighting, brighter turn signals, brighter brake lights, and a new steering head with stiffer front forks. Locked-up tires are now history even when there’s wet pavement. We’ve made it feel even better to lean your way through a turn. Now you can see better. And we’ve made you more conspicuous to the cage-driving public. Because one thing we all agree on is this: Bikes that work better make riders who ride better. Take a ride. See how good you can be.
- Reflex™ Linked Brakes with Anti-lock Braking System: No doubt about it, there are times riding when you need to haul things down in a hurry. And you don’t get to pick those times. Or decide whether or not they occur when you’re on a flat, smooth, dry, perfect new stretch of pavement. That’s why our touring models feature new Reflex™ anti-lock braking (ABS) with dynamically, electronically linked brakes. ABS turns a locked up front wheel or a rear wheel skid into a relic from riding’s history. And the front and rear brakes are electronically linked to provide exactly the right amount of brake to each tire no matter what the road condition is. No matter how good you are, this will make you a better rider.
- Brembo® Brakes: Confidence. Control. High-performance dual disc Brembo® brakes offer consistent stopping power at all speeds. The 4-piston front and rear caliper with dual front rotor brake system is state of the art and top of the line. It's just another way The Motor Company puts a high level of detail into their bikes to give you peace of mind throughout your journey.
- Dunlop® Multi-Tread™ Tires: The 180mm back tire is engineered to do more than fill out the rear fender and put a bigger patch of rubber on the road. Dunlop® Multi-Tread™ technology uses harder compounds at the center and softer on the sides for a tire that still knows how to knuckle-down on corners. Perfect for making this bike agile on every curvy stretch of road. And the way it feels going through an abrupt off-camber turn will put a grin on your face that'll last to the next state line.
- H-D® Smart Security System (Optional): The factory installed next-generation security system features a hands-free fob that automatically arms and disarms the vehicle electronic security functions as you approach and walk away from the bike. Stick the fob on your ignition key ring and let it do all the work. It's this attention to details and security that make Harley-Davidson® motorcycles unique.
- Air-Adjustable Suspension: With air-adjustable suspension that comes standard, you can dial in your ride to accommodate heavier or lighter payloads, battle unexpected road conditions or simply set it to how you like to roll. The lighter the load, the softer you can go by decreasing the air pressure a bit, or increase the air pressure for a more firm ride. A convenient air valve is located between the saddlebag and rear fender for quick adjusting. It's all about rider and passenger comfort and setting your bike to fit your taste—the easy way.
- Dual Halogen Headlight and Fog Lamps: When the sun goes low, the amount of road you have your eyes trained on stays high. Boasting a higher quality of light than previous models courtesy of a darkness-defying 986 lumens, the new dual halogen headlamp ensures you’ll have no trouble seeing everything out there that needs to be seen.
- New Ergonomically Designed Hand Controls: It’s hard to enjoy the ride or keep your eyes focused on what’s coming down the road when you’re fussing and bothering with the switches on your handlebar. So we’ve worked over the hand controls on our new touring bikes with as much passion as we’ve worked over our new engine. We made the shape more ergonomic and located and angled them to fall right under your thumbs. We’ve added left-hand cruise for easy activation, new toggle switches to control infotainment functions, an easily locatable trip trigger switch to control and scan through functional readouts. And we’ve improved the feel to give you a confidence-inspiring click at every push of a button. Even the dash panel switch gets better. And it’s all prewired for parts and accessories, which even lets you customize with less fuss and bother.
- New Steering Head and Front Forks: Whether it’s a big sweeping curve or a set of tight turns, getting through the corners just got better. We stiffened up the front end, increased the fork diameter to 49mm and added new steel ball bearings, with lubricant contained inside to keep contaminants out for durability. The responsiveness is dialed in.
- Project RUSHMORE - Styling: Project RUSHMORE is the journey we set out on to take our touring motorcycles to places never imagined before – to turn all the possibilities for what a motorcycle can be now into true Milwaukee steel. We did it our way, as we’ve always done. As riders. Riding with other riders. Thousand of hours, countless road tests, millions of miles. Looking for the technology and innovations that truly make the ride better. We went over the bike fender tip to fender tip. Making it work better. Making it look sleeker. Modern. Clean. Tight. Let your eye take the journey over the machine. This is classic Harley-Davidson style and an all-new look at the exact same time. At Harley-Davidson, form has always followed function. And both have always reported to emotion. Now we’re just doing it on a completely different level.
- New Fairing, Saddlebag and Front Fender Styling: Let’s start with this: When you see the iconic shape of a Harley-Davidson® Street Glide® Batwing fairing coming at you down the road, it leaves no question that you’re looking a machine born in Milwaukee and built for gigantic miles of road. But this is about moving forward. How do you maintain that iconic shape, yet give it a sleeker, more progressive style? The answer is right here. The new Batwing fairing gives you less head buffeting (see comfort section for the full story on that) but also the look that instantly announces “Hey, this is a HARLEY-DAVIDSON® motorcycle. Of course, we didn’t stop at the fairing. The saddlebags got a sleeker new look to match. And we worked over the front fender, too – with a clean new look that’s cut back to expose more of the wheel and tire. It all comes together for a look that’s totally new, yet instantly familiar. Welcome to the next generation of Harley-Davidson touring motorcycles.
- 19" Enforcer™ Front Wheel and New Brake Rotor: There’s a new 19” Enforcer front wheel leading the way on the new Street Glide® Special motorcycle and a 16-inch Enforcer to match in the rear. The brake rotors have been re-designed to show off more of the premium custom look of the wheels. If you’re going to roll on two wheels, do it with class.
- Classic Fuel Tank: Part of the unmistakable style of the Harley-Davidson® Street Glide® motorcycle is plenty of room for showing off your paint. This classically styled, bold six-gallon fuel tank doesn't just give you a bigger canvas for premium or custom paint; it holds six gallons of go so you can eat up a lot more road between pit stops. We know fuel economy is important—but so is style. Sharp, eye-catching colors and precision-crafted Harley-Davidson® tank medallions complete the unique look of this tough bagger.
- Custom Rear Taillight and Fascia: We keep the back end clean and no-nonsense with tri-line fender lights—a brilliant, unique taillight as the centerpiece—plus ground effects and a low mounted license plate with LED lighting for crisp visibility and style. This completes the custom, one-of-a-kind look.
- New Inner Fairing Design: Put your eye to the inner fairing of the Street Glide® motorcycle and you’ll see a whole new layout to greet the eye. There’s a bigger display screen (see the whole story in the infotainment section). The gauges have been given a new treatment, too. You’ll notice a 10 percent larger viewing area, wider, taller numbers sitting on top of that classic black background. The information gets bigger and better too. There’s a gear indicator for all six gears and the display area, which can now be operated by an extremely convenient trigger switch, puts more information at your fingertips. The temperature and fuel gauge are larger too. When you’re on the road, one quick glance tells you everything you need to know.
- New Tank and Fender Badges: This isn’t just a motorcycle. It’s a work of art, born out of passion, creativity and long days, late nights and refusing to be satisfied until every detail was perfect. When we added the signature, we did it with metal. Nothing else would be right on this masterpiece.
- New Airbox with Tank Panel-matching Insert: Our design philosophy can be summed up pretty simply: form follows function, but both report to emotion. This new airbox is a prime example of that. Function? It lets the engine breathe better for more power, but it’s also designed to provide better airflow around the rider. Form? The design of the insert matches the tank panel. Emotion? That’s the part you feel when you look at it sitting right at the center of your V-Twin engine.
- Bullet Turn Signals: We went end to end and top to bottom to give the 2014 Harley-Davidson® Touring line-up the clean, tight, sharp, iconic look and feel that is only befitting of the next generation of our motorcycles. The finishing touch – bullet turn signals. Sleek and modern, yet a timeless classic.
- Project RUSHMORE - Comfort: We dialed in the comfort of our machines the hard way: over thousands of miles in all kinds of riding conditions on every kind of street, road and highway ever laid down in pavement. Experienced riders putting in long hours in the saddle and giving us feedback on every aspect that contributes to comfort on the road. Airflow, heat management, passenger space, back rests, seat textures, leg room and hand controls all went under the hard microscope of the road and got tested and re-tested by real riders and worked and re-worked by us until we were satisfied we had built the most comfortable machines on the road. We all want to go farther, and when you're more comfortable in the saddle, you can.
- Full-Length Footboards & Toe/Heel Gear Shifts: Your boots were made for riding—any way you see fit. Our full-length footboards boast a time-tested, tried-and-true design and rubber isolation for a comfortable ride, while the height-adjustable passenger boards add another level of customizable comfort for your riding partner. And for shifting gears, you can use either the traditional toe-shift or the even easier, more convenient heel-shift. It might take a few rides, but once you've gotten used to the smooth shifting rhythm, you'll never give it up.
- Two-Up Seating: Modern styling and comfort that doesn't sacrifice an ounce of nostalgic style: This ultimate Touring saddle features a sculpted seat with a deeper contoured bucket and narrower neck, to relieve pressure on your thighs, while providing more back support and comfort for a wide variety of rider sizes. And the lower seat height—26.1 inches to be exact—puts your feet closer to the road to enhance your confidence. Additionally, the leather trim and premium stitching accentuate the advanced ergonomics while giving the seat that sharp detail you only find on a Harley-Davidson® motorcycle. It's science in service of comfort, and your way to beat fatigue over the long haul.
- Standard Cruise Control: Installing cruise control is standard operating procedure on the new touring models because riding long stretches of unbroken highway is standard operating procedure among touring riders. Electronic throttle control means no cable cluttering up your handlebar. And the switches are placed where you can easily dial in your speed with your left thumb, give the wrist a break, and keep hauling on down the road.
- New Fairing Design Reduces Head Buffeting: This is what the science of cheating the wind involves at Harley-Davidson now: Fluid mechanics, algorithms, high-speed super computers and thousands upon thousands of wind-tunnel tests with riders in the saddle telling us how it feels. And that’s before we take it out on the road for thousands of miles of real world wind gusts and every form of rain a cloud can spit out. The result: a brand new take on the classic Batwing fairing that delivers smoother air flow and reduced head buffeting. Most of it thanks to the pressure-equalizing duct on the front. It opens and closes with one touch of a button. The feeling of being in the wind just got even better.
- Wide Set Handlebar: Classic style and maximum comfort. That's the perfect balance of the wide set handlebars that come standard on the Street Glide® model. They're designed to keep you comfortably propped in a commanding position while making sure your neck muscles stay calm and relaxed mile after mile, state after state. Durable stainless steel insures the structural rigidity you expect from a Harley-Davidson® motorcycle with the deep, lustrous finish you desire.
- Project RUSHMORE - Convenience: If you want the ride to be truly epic, you have to sweat bullets to make the little things work exactly right. This is what Project RUSHMORE was all about. Now you have saddlebags that can be easily opened with one hand. Compartments that open with one touch. And we’ve increased the storage space on these new machines without ruining the sleek, road-eating look of the bike. It all adds up to hundreds of little moments where things just click conveniently into place. Because there can be no imperfections in the quest for the perfect ride.
- High Output Accessory Connector: Touring means maximum comfort in all conditions and the capacity to add whatever enhances and personalizes your ride. The high output charging system provides an electrical capacity robust enough for your add-ons: heated vests, heated seats, heated handgrips, lights to showcase the engine, you name it. So if you're hell-bent on two-wheeling it, we make sure you've got the juice to do it your way.
- One Touch Design Philosophy: Here’s the rule we laid down for every compartment cover and saddlebag lid on our touring line: if it doesn’t open with the single touch of a button or one hand, while wearing gloves, it doesn’t go on the motorcycle. Because in all our conversations with all the riders we talked to while we were rebuilding these motorcycles from the ground up, we didn’t encounter a single individual who wanted to have to put something on the ground before he could store it in a saddlebag.
- New Saddlebag Design: Don’t let the sleek new look of these saddlebags deceive you. The look is tight on the outside, but things just got a little roomier on the inside. You want stuffability and these deliver bigger than ever. The hinges are simple and clean and the lids open with one touch of one hand. The lock is tight and integrated into the latch where you can put the key in without the danger of scratching your premium paint. Welcome to the next level of the bagger.
- Push Button Fuel Door: One button, one touch, fuel door open. Any questions?
- New Standard Battery Charging Harness: No question a battery charging harness is a must have on a motorcycle. Now it’s standard. So you don’t have to waste even the ten minutes it takes to install one on some sunny Saturday when you could be riding.
- Length: 96.5 in. (2,450 mm)
- Seat Height, Laden: 26.1 in. (662.94 mm)
- Seat Height, Unladen: 27.4 in. (695 mm)
- Ground Clearance: 5.3 in. (135 mm)
- Rake (steering head) (deg): 26
- Trail: 6.8 in. (172.72 mm)
- Wheelbase: 64 in. (1,625 mm)
- Tires, Front Specification: 130/60B19 61H
- Tires, Rear Specification: BW 180/65B16 81H
- Fuel Capacity: 6 gal. (22.71 L)
- Oil Capacity (w/filter): 4 qt. (3.8 L)
- Weight, As Shipped: 775 lb. (352 kg)
- Weight, In Running Order: 810 lb. (367 kg)
- Luggage Capacity -Volume: 2.3 cu ft
- Engine: Air-cooled, High Output Twin Cam 103™ with integrated oil cooler
- Bore: 3.87 in. (98.4 mm)
- Stroke: 4.374 in. (111.1 mm)
- Displacement: 103.1 cu.in. (1,690 cc)
- Compression Ratio: 9.7:1
- Fuel System: Electronic Sequential Port Fuel Injection (ESPFI)
- Primary Drive: Chain, 34/46 ratio
- Gear Ratios (overall) 1st: 9.593
- Gear Ratios (overall) 2nd: 6.65
- Gear Ratios (overall) 3rd: 4.938
- Gear Ratios (overall) 4th: 4
- Gear Ratios (overall) 5th: 3.407
- Gear Ratios (overall) 6th: 2.875
- Exhaust: Chrome, 2-1-2 dual with tapered mufflers
- Wheels, Front Type: Enforcer Cast Aluminum
- Wheels, Rear Type: Enforcer Cast Aluminum
- Brakes, Caliper Type: 32 mm, 4-piston fixed front and rear
- Engine Torque Testing Method: J1349
- Engine Torque: 104.7 ft-lb (142 Nm)
- Engine Torque (rpm): 3,250
- Lean Angle, Right (deg.): 32
- Lean Angle, Left (deg.): 31
- Fuel Economy: Combined City/Hwy: 42 mpg (5.6 L/100 km)
- Lights (as per country regulation), Indicator Lamps: High beam, running lights, front fender running lights, directional lights, low oil pressure, engine diagnostics, neutral, cruise control, speakers, accessory, battery, gear indication, security system (optional), 6-speed, low fuel warning, ABS (optional), miles to empty display, fog/aux lamp indicator
- New Gauges: 10% larger speedometer and tachometer with 68% wider numbers; 28% larger fuel and volt gauges with 30% wider numbers; display features odometer, trip A, trip B, range to empty, and gear indicator; and larger telltale indicators New ergonomic hand controls with intuitive design and improved tactile feel. Includes new trigger switch (odometer, trip A, trip B, and range to empty); info button for ambient termperature and oil pressure (information is displayed in the radio screen); new hazard warning switch and two new Joysticks that control all audio functions Electronic cruise control with set, resume, accelerate and decelerate
- Engine Type
- High Output Twin Cam 103™ with integrated oil cooler
- 103.1 cu.in. (1,690 cc)
- Bore and Stroke
- 3.87 in. (98.4 mm) x 4.374 in. (111.1 mm)
- Compression Ratio
- Fuel System
- Electronic Sequential Port Fuel Injection (ESPFI)
- Front Brakes
- 32 mm, 4-piston fixed
- Rear Brakes
- 32 mm, 4-piston fixed
- Front Tire
- 130/60B19 61H
- Rear Tire
- BW 180/65B16 81H
- 64 in. (1,625 mm)
- Seat Height
- Laden: 26.1 in. (662.94 mm); Unladen: 27.4 in. (695 mm)
- 26 deg.
- 6.8 in. (172.72 mm)
- Fuel Capacity
- 6 gal. (22.71 L)
- 42 mpg (5.6 L/100 km)
- Dry Weight
- 775 lb. (352 kg)
- Standard: Analog
- Standard: Analog
- Standard: Digital
- Vivid Black