2017 BMW F 800 R
A modern all-rounder.
The F 800 R is a firmly established player in the BMW Motorrad roadster segment. It combines agility, everyday practicality and dynamic riding fun in an integrated sporty package. And the revised F 800 R takes the whole thing a step further.
Design you can enjoy.
The F 800 R is just the right motorbike if you simply want to get on and have fun - and that is just what it looks like. The precise lines and minimalist trim elements give it a sense of light-footed agility, while the new upside-down fork is suggestive of dynamic forward thrust even when stationary. The symmetrical headlamp gives the F 800 R a new distinctive look.
Move ahead safely.
The F 800 R offers uncomplicated riding pleasure - ensured by the powerful yet economical parallel twin engine with 90 bhp - but it is also geared towards safety: ABS as standard, a stable, balanced suspension and the safety package to go with it (ASC, ESA, RDC) guarantee a supreme ride response and absolute control on the road.
The touring and all-round capabilities of the F 800 R are reflected not just in the wide range of seat heights and additional luggage fittings but also in the different paint finishes.
The F 800 R stands for maximum riding pleasure like almost no other roadster. BMW Motorrad has now improved this successful concept even further.
- Type: Water-cooled 4-stroke in-line two-cylinder engine, two overhead camshafts, four valves per cylinder, dry sump lubrication
- Bore x stroke: 82 mm x 75.6 mm
- Capacity: 798 cc
- Rated output: 90 hp (66 kW) at 8,000 rpm (output reduction 35 kW (48 hp) at 6,750 rpm possible)
- Max. torque: 63 lb-ft (86 Nm) at 5,800 rpm (performance reduction: 69 Nm at 3,500 rpm)
- Compression ratio: 12.0 : 1
- Mixture control / engine management: Electronic injection
- Emission control: Closed-loop 3-way catalytic converter, emission standard EU-3
- Maximum speed: Over 125 mph (200 km/h)
- Fuel type: Unleaded super, minimum octane rating 95 (RON)
- Alternator: Permanent magnet alternator 400 W
- Battery: 12 V / 12 Ah, maintenance-free
- Clutch: Multiple-disc clutch in oil bath, mechanically operated
- Gearbox: Constant mesh 6-speed gearbox integrated into crankcase
- Drive: Endless O-ring chain with shock damping in rear wheel hub
- Frame: Bridge-type frame, cast aluminium
- Front wheel location / suspension: Upside-down fork
- Rear wheel location / suspension: Cast aluminium dual swing arm, central spring strut, spring pre-load hydraulically adjustable (continuously variable) at handwheel, rebound damping adjustable
- Suspension travel front / rear: 4.9 in. / 4.9 in. (125 mm / 125 mm)
- Wheelbase: 60.1 in. (1,526 mm)
- Castor: 3.9 in. (100 mm)
- Steering head angle: 64 deg.
- Wheels: Cast aluminum wheels
- Rim, front: 3.50 x 17 in.
- Rim, rear: 5.50 x 17 in.
- Tires, front: 120/70 ZR 17
- Tires, rear: 180/55 ZR 17
- Brake, front: Dual disc brake, floating brake discs, diameter 320 mm, 4-piston brake calipers radial mounted
- Brake, rear: Single disc, diameter 265 mm, single-piston floating caliper
- ABS: BMW Motorrad ABS
- Length: 84.5 in. (2,145 mm)
- Width (incl. mirrors): 33.9 in. (860 mm)
- Height (excl. mirrors): 48.7 in. (1,235 mm)
- Seat height, unladen weight: 31.1 in. (790 mm) Standard; variable seat heights available between 30.3 in. (770 mm) and 33.1 in. (840 mm) (available as accessories and/or factory options, see an authorized BMW Motorrad dealer)
- Inner leg curve, unladen weight: 70.1 in. (1,780 mm) Standard; variable inner leg curve (inseam) between 68.5 in. (1,740 mm) and 73.8 in. (1,875 mm) (seats available as accessories and/or factory options, see an authorized BMW Motorrad dealer)
- Unladen weight, road ready, fully fuelled: 444 lb. (202 kg)
- Permitted total weight: 891 lb. (405 kg)
- Payload (with standard equipment): 447 lb. (203 kg)
- Usable tank volume: 3.9 gal. (15 L)
- Reserve: Approx. 0.8 gal. (3.0 L)
- Engine Type
- 4-stroke in-line two-cylinder engine, two overhead camshafts, four valves per cylinder, dry sump lubrication
- 798 cc
- Bore and Stroke
- 82 mm x 75.6 mm
- Compression Ratio
- 12.0 : 1
- Fuel System
- Electronic injection
- Constant mesh 6-speed gearbox integrated into crankcase
- Final Drive
- Endless O-ring chain with shock damping in rear wheel hub
- Front Suspension
- Upside-down fork
- Rear Suspension
- Cast aluminium dual swing arm, central spring strut, spring pre-load hydraulically adjustable (continuously variable) at handwheel, rebound damping adjustable
- Front Brakes
- Dual disc brake, floating brake discs, diameter 320 mm, 4-piston brake calipers radial mounted
- Rear Brakes
- Single disc, diameter 265 mm, single-piston floating caliper
- Front Tire
- 120/70 ZR 17
- Rear Tire
- 180/55 ZR 17
- 60.1 in. (1,526 mm)
- Seat Height
- 31.1 in. (790 mm)
- 3.9 in. (100 mm)
- Fuel Capacity
- 3.9 gal. (15 L)
- Dry Weight
- Curb Weight: 444 lb. (202 kg)
- Racing Blue Metallic Matte/Light White, Light White, Light White/Black Satin Gloss, Racing Blue Metallic Matte/Black Satin Gloss